New cryptic message

Everything to do with Queens and their music

Re: New cryptic message

Postby MonsterInYurParasol » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:59 pm

Daniel wrote:
MonsterInYurParasol wrote:I'm trying to figure out how Holey Dime would sound all revamped and such.

I really do hope that one day, the Queens will re-release Screamin' Eagle, at least as a b-side. That song is just purely unmatched. The whole thing sounds like a thunderstorm.


Agree that Screamin' Eagle is an awesome song. Don't really want to see an instrumental on the album (and can't see how they would re-make an instrumental anyway) - could adding vocals to Screamin' Eagle work or is that sacrilege?


I think the redo without vocals would be great. And besides, Josh did say the album was "lyrically vulnerable."
Everyone just loves you so
Well hooray!
Now you know where to go.


vintagemary wrote:You show me an occasion where a leotard is NOT appropriate attire, and I'll show you an occasion not worth attending.


#CIC
User avatar
MonsterInYurParasol
QOTSA God
 
Posts: 9526
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:24 pm
Location: The Land of Dean

Re: New cryptic message

Postby Mel » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:15 pm

gorny540 wrote:hey everyone I've commuted over here because the RekRek forum is shut down and not many other places to go to talk QotSa. My theory on all this stuff: 999 is the UK emergency #, albums in the UK come out on Mondays, Monday Sept 9th the album is coming out, you're welcome

and yeah Holey Dime has to be on the album right? There can't be a QotSA album without a DS song


Hi there! I'm from RekRek too actually. :)
Keith Richards: "Rock and Roll: Music for the neck downwards."
User avatar
Mel
QOTSA Freak
 
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:59 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: New cryptic message

Postby Blade » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:19 am

gorny540 wrote:hey everyone I've commuted over here because the RekRek forum is shut down and not many other places to go to talk QotSa. My theory on all this stuff: 999 is the UK emergency #, albums in the UK come out on Mondays, Monday Sept 9th the album is coming out, you're welcome


are you drunk ?
Image
Blade
QOTSA Freak
 
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:16 am

Re: New cryptic message

Postby JohnRegular » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:30 am

Blade wrote:
gorny540 wrote:hey everyone I've commuted over here because the RekRek forum is shut down and not many other places to go to talk QotSa. My theory on all this stuff: 999 is the UK emergency #, albums in the UK come out on Mondays, Monday Sept 9th the album is coming out, you're welcome


are you drunk ?


You're right, they changed the emergency number a few years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWc3WY3fuZU
RoseTintedEyes wrote:I admire the willpower of those who can keep drugs around long enough to necessitate having a designated storage container for them. I should really work on that.

Image
User avatar
JohnRegular
Monster
 
Posts: 2638
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:42 am
Location: Old Hampshire

Re: New cryptic message

Postby _rickshaw » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:40 pm

september? NOOOOOOO
too late for me
Image
ain't it something? i'm born to hula...
User avatar
_rickshaw
Regular John
 
Posts: 1889
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: lost out on the highway

Re: New cryptic message

Postby lostmyhula » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:33 pm

_rickshaw wrote:september? NOOOOOOO
too late for me

i cant wait that long

march 29. done.


i cant wait much longer.

i cant, i simply cant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu4onoiOzQw
"when i went to sell out school, the first thing they taught me is you gotta be a people fuckin person"
User avatar
lostmyhula
Regular John
 
Posts: 1557
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:56 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: New cryptic message

Postby _rickshaw » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:49 pm

lostmyhula wrote:
_rickshaw wrote:september? NOOOOOOO
too late for me

i cant wait that long

march 29. done.


i cant wait much longer.

i cant, i simply cant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu4onoiOzQw

MY BIRTHDAY?

you got to be JOKING, TOO SOON!


i hope you're right
Image
ain't it something? i'm born to hula...
User avatar
_rickshaw
Regular John
 
Posts: 1889
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: lost out on the highway

Re: New cryptic message

Postby lostmyhula » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:53 pm

_rickshaw wrote:
lostmyhula wrote:
_rickshaw wrote:september? NOOOOOOO
too late for me

i cant wait that long

march 29. done.


i cant wait much longer.

i cant, i simply cant http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu4onoiOzQw

MY BIRTHDAY?

you got to be JOKING, TOO SOON!


i hope you're right

i know i will be wrong, but hey, a man can dream


at least we can celebrate something on the 29th!
"when i went to sell out school, the first thing they taught me is you gotta be a people fuckin person"
User avatar
lostmyhula
Regular John
 
Posts: 1557
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:56 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: New cryptic message

Postby _rickshaw » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:57 pm

lostmyhula wrote:a man can dream
Image
ain't it something? i'm born to hula...
User avatar
_rickshaw
Regular John
 
Posts: 1889
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:31 pm
Location: lost out on the highway

Re: New cryptic message

Postby caoimheuberalles » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:35 pm

JohnRegular wrote:
Blade wrote:
gorny540 wrote:hey everyone I've commuted over here because the RekRek forum is shut down and not many other places to go to talk QotSa. My theory on all this stuff: 999 is the UK emergency #, albums in the UK come out on Mondays, Monday Sept 9th the album is coming out, you're welcome


are you drunk ?


You're right, they changed the emergency number a few years ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWc3WY3fuZU


That's the only thing I've ever seen of the IT crowd that's made me laugh but it's absolutely hilarious. Richard Ayoade is hilarious any time he's on the big fat quiz though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86qz3ZhqMZ8

Adult films. Adult bus tickets. Adult Diabetes.

Dr.Malicious wrote:
caoimheuberalles wrote:Caoimhe: diffuser of situations.


Also moonlights as the destroyer of worlds.
User avatar
caoimheuberalles
Monster
 
Posts: 3322
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:31 am
Location: Oakland

Re: New cryptic message

Postby caoimheuberalles » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:40 pm

Blade wrote:
gorny540 wrote:hey everyone I've commuted over here because the RekRek forum is shut down and not many other places to go to talk QotSa. My theory on all this stuff: 999 is the UK emergency #, albums in the UK come out on Mondays, Monday Sept 9th the album is coming out, you're welcome


are you drunk ?


Are you sober?
Image

Adult films. Adult bus tickets. Adult Diabetes.

Dr.Malicious wrote:
caoimheuberalles wrote:Caoimhe: diffuser of situations.


Also moonlights as the destroyer of worlds.
User avatar
caoimheuberalles
Monster
 
Posts: 3322
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:31 am
Location: Oakland

Re: New cryptic message

Postby Lefty » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:01 pm

September 9th? That doesn't make sense on so many levels.

If they are that far out from a release date, (eight freaking months, for crissakes), it means that the mixing, and quite possibly the recording, isn't anywhere near being complete. And if they're not finished with recording, they're certainly in no position to give such a specific date for release.

It's much more likely the guys are just throwing out enigmas to watch us go through the mental gymnastics of trying to "break the code." I have more faith in their cleverness than to believe that the nine thing is something so banal as September 9th. I give them much more credit than that.
User avatar
Lefty
QOTSA Freak
 
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:04 pm

Re: New cryptic message

Postby //Mexicola_Drummer// » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:27 am

caoimheuberalles wrote:Are you sober?
Image


Haha ... What a show! Dylan Moran is brilliant!
Image
User avatar
//Mexicola_Drummer//
QOTSA Freak
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:50 pm
Location: I’m just a ghost, I’m on your street

Re: New cryptic message

Postby caoimheuberalles » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:08 am

Lefty wrote:September 9th? That doesn't make sense on so many levels.

If they are that far out from a release date, (eight freaking months, for crissakes), it means that the mixing, and quite possibly the recording, isn't anywhere near being complete. And if they're not finished with recording, they're certainly in no position to give such a specific date for release.

It's much more likely the guys are just throwing out enigmas to watch us go through the mental gymnastics of trying to "break the code." I have more faith in their cleverness than to believe that the nine thing is something so banal as September 9th. I give them much more credit than that.


Lanegan just went in to record so they're not onto the mixing yet, then it depends on where they want to master, and if the record company want them to keep time to build up a buzz. So September makes a lot of sense actually. Once recording starts, depending on how long they take to record, it usually takes about 4-5 months to get everything together.

But yeah I concur more with the latter.

Adult films. Adult bus tickets. Adult Diabetes.

Dr.Malicious wrote:
caoimheuberalles wrote:Caoimhe: diffuser of situations.


Also moonlights as the destroyer of worlds.
User avatar
caoimheuberalles
Monster
 
Posts: 3322
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:31 am
Location: Oakland

Re: New cryptic message

Postby caoimheuberalles » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:10 am

//Mexicola_Drummer// wrote:
caoimheuberalles wrote:Are you sober?
Image


Haha ... What a show! Dylan Moran is brilliant!

Image

Adult films. Adult bus tickets. Adult Diabetes.

Dr.Malicious wrote:
caoimheuberalles wrote:Caoimhe: diffuser of situations.


Also moonlights as the destroyer of worlds.
User avatar
caoimheuberalles
Monster
 
Posts: 3322
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:31 am
Location: Oakland

Re: New cryptic message

Postby lostmyhula » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:41 am

caoimheuberalles wrote:9th. I give them much more credit than that.


Lanegan just went in to record so they're not onto the mixing yet.[/quote]
im still not convinced that lanegan only recorded recently.

something tells me that this is all mind games. i still hold hope that it will be out before download fest like they promised
"when i went to sell out school, the first thing they taught me is you gotta be a people fuckin person"
User avatar
lostmyhula
Regular John
 
Posts: 1557
Joined: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:56 am
Location: Melbourne

Re: New cryptic message

Postby Eccentricman » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:45 am

When is their first scheduled show? Its some festival right??

Well if anything, you bet your fat-fucking-dicks they will be playing new material during these festival shows!! So if the album isn't out yet at least we will be having some live tracks to disect and drool over!! Think about that!
"Nobody dies a virgin, life screws us all"
Eccentricman
Fan Boy / Girl
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Re: New cryptic message

Postby hollowXcadaver » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:12 am

They won't necessarily play new tracks, although it's possible.
Image
Godless Heathens
User avatar
hollowXcadaver
Monster
 
Posts: 2596
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:02 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: New cryptic message

Postby hollowXcadaver » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:13 am

Eccentricman wrote:fat-fucking-dicks.. Think about that!
Image
Godless Heathens
User avatar
hollowXcadaver
Monster
 
Posts: 2596
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:02 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: New cryptic message

Postby Daniel » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:21 am

hollowXcadaver wrote:
Eccentricman wrote:fat-fucking-dicks.. Think about that!


:? ....Ron Jeremy.... :?
Daniel
Site Admin
 
Posts: 339
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest